A weekend away in Palermo – 25th-27th November 2016 – one of Europe’s least discovered, yet most fascinating cities.
We are very lucky to be able to bring you this very special opportunity – a weekend in one of Europe’s most ancient cities with a whole richness of history. The weekend is designed to fit with the Ryanair flight London Stansted -> Palermo departing London Stansted 17:10 on Friday 25th November and returning to London Stansted on Sunday 27th November departing from Palermo at 21:30.
As an extra special treat, we are organising a private dinner in the once-home of Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa author of The Leopard, hosted by the Duchess and with a tour of the author’s private library and a talk by the Duchess.
The tour is fully accompanied by an experienced guide.
- Friday 25th November
- 9:00pm – arrive Palermo airport and transfer to Palazzo Lanza Tomasi (Butera28)
- 10:00pm – light evening meal provided
- Saturday 26th November
- 9:30am – drive to Monreale
- 10:00am – Visit of Monreale cathedral and cloisters
- 12:00am – lunch
- 1:00pm – Visit the Norman Palace and Palatine Chapel
- 3:00pm – Visit the cathedral of Palermo
- 4:00pm – free time (perhaps for shopping in Via Roma)
- 8:00pm – visit of the Palazzo Lanza Tomasi
- 8:30pm – evening meal with the Duchess
- Sunday 27th November
- walking tour of Palermo – including:
- 9:30am – visit the Martorana church
- 10:30am – visit to the Abatellis art gallery – including the Annunziata of Antonello da Messina and the fabulous “Triumph of Death”
- 1:00pm – lunch
- 3:00pm – visit to see the Serpotta stuccos
- 4:00pm – visit to Palazzo Steri
- 5:00pm – free time for final shopping – or maybe a visit to Stanze al Genio
- 6:000m – transfer to the airport for return flight
cost: £445 per person*
*based on a couple sharing a room, otherwise there is a single person supplement of £95 payable – does not include flights
The tour price includes all museum entrances.
For a guaranteed departure, the tour requires a minimum of 6 participants – please email us with an expression of interest, before making a firm booking.