We understand just how important it is to deliver complete peace of mind to our customers – from the moment you book right up to the time you get home from you holiday. Here is what we pledge:
Book with peace of mind
- Book with our flexible booking conditions
- Your deposit and balance payments are fully protected by IPP insurance
- We are members of ABTA, (membership number: Y6134) giving you peace of mind when booking
Look forward to your holiday
- Reschedule your booking free of charge any time up to 75 days before departure
- Unlimited reschedules allowed
- If it is less than 75 days to your tour departure and your need to reschedule, get in touch with us and we will do what we can to help.
- Contact us if you require advice regarding your travel insurance
- If travel restrictions are imposed or “essential travel only” cited, you can choose to either carry forward your booking to any date in the future or receive a refund in line with Esplora Travel booking conditions.
Travel in comfort
- Travel in a small, friendly group – a maximum of 12
- Travel in ‘covid compliant’ minibus and staying in ‘covid-compliant’ hotels
- Al-fresco dining where possible
If you are already booked on a tour, we will do everything we can to run your tour as planned. But if you don’t feel comfortable about travelling at the moment, get in touch and we will happily reschedule you to a later date.
If you need to cancel, we will refund your tour money on the basis of the Terms and Conditions under which you booked. But if you are able to avoid cancelling your tour, saving it for a future date, not only will you have something to look forward to, but you will have secured an excellent deal on your trip price (it is inevitable that flight tickets and tour prices will increase next year).
Firstly, although you may have “travel insurance” thrown in with your credit card payments, in practice, it hardly ever covers you when you need it.
The great news is that several travel insurance companies are now offering cover against Covid, so hopefully, if you choose your insurer carefully, the battles we have all heard about in the media, will become a thing of the past. At Esplora Travel, we have always required clients to have adequate travel insurance, and we think Covid has made that even more essential.
When purchasing travel insurance, you should consider the following questions:
• What if a travel ban comes into force in the days before my departure?
• What if I receive a positive CPR test the day before I travel and therefore have to cancel?
• What if I receive a negative test result but my travel partner receives a positive result? Can I still claim on insurance if I no longer want to travel?
• What if, albeit with a negative test result, the day before my scheduled departure the NHS tells me I need to self-isolate for 10 days and I am no longer able to travel?
Ideally, your travel insurance should cover these eventualities – though, of course, if you are lucky enough to have been vaccinated, some of the questions may no longer apply.
Also, only a handful of policies will cover you for “cancel for any reason”. If you think you may require this, check the wording carefully before you buy.
Travel Insurance must be purchased in the country in which you are resident, and so who you chose will depend on where you live.
Furthermore, each provider typically offers a variety products and you will need to study each of them carefully to chose the one that best fits your need. Which one you decide on will depend on factors such as your age, the frequency (and destination) of your international travel, your medical condition and your attitude to risk.
If you live in the UK, some of the companies we can recommend are: ABTA Travel Sure, Cambell Irvine, Saga, Global Travel Insurance and the Post Office. Or you can go through a broker – such as BrokerSure.
If you live in the USA, many of our clients in the past have used (and recommend) Tin Leg.
For UK passengers, the place to look is here.