Our Data Protection Policy
We understand and respect the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information – we take all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels (which include our website).
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to you acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you purchase a product or service from or through us
- When you subscribe to our newsletter
- When you speak to any of our team
- When you complete a survey or enter a competition
We may retain your and your travelling companions’ names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers and dates of birth (where provided) and use it for the following purposes:
- to complete your booking with us, manage your booking and complete any subsequent bookings you make with us
- to send you notifications and communicate with you generally
- to contact you about special offers, brochures, new holidays, forthcoming events, surveys or competitions (if you do not wish to receive such communications, you may ask us in writing (by contacting email@example.com) at any time not to receive them)
- to disclose to the providers of the services making up your booking (who could be located outside the UK/EEA)
- to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing or other services
- to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority
- to disclose to organisations who act as “data processors” that perform business functions on our behalf (some of whom could be located outside the UK/EEA, where controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country) and use the information for analysis including monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends. Such business functions may include but are not limited to the provision of holiday feedback services, administration, business management, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, dispute resolution, re-organisation/structuring of our business, customer care services, credit checking and debt collection services. These organisations may contact you directly in relation to your Esplora holiday
- to disclose, when it is mandatory to do so and in order for you to travel overseas (as requested by government authorities) your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- to disclose to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or a substantial part of the asset/stock in our company
If we collect detailed personal information during the booking process that is “Sensitive Personal Data”, it shall only be used in providing your holiday arrangements and we will not retain it unless we specifically obtain your consent to do so for use in future bookings; if we wish to use it for any other purpose, we will specify the reason(s) to you and again seek your positive consent.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
- If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge an administration fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
- You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
- You can opt out of receiving further information from us at any time by writing to us via email at email@example.com.
If you consent to joining our email database to receive our email newsletters, then we may collect your name, country of residence and information about your holiday preferences in addition to your email address. This information will be used to send you the email newsletters.
We may conduct small surveys via email. If you wish to take part in any such survey, we will only use the information you provide via the survey for the purposes specified in the survey.
- If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our email newsletter service you may do so by following the unsubscribe instructions in the newsletter or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We use tracking software to record anonymously the progress of visitors to our website, so as to better understand their needs and thus improve our site. The software records the pages users visit while browsing the site, and also the following information: browser capabilities; network properties; language; city and country (which are inferred from your internet protocol (IP) address, though your IP address is not passed on to us. This information is retained and used for analysis by our external marketing or database consultants.
- We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
- As our privacy and cookies policy may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.
Last updated on 30th December 2017